Saturday, December 22, 2012

Life & Times

We have not dropped off of the face of the earth. I realize that things have been rather quiet on our blog as of late. For those of you who choose to follow our happenings after our stay in Olongapo, we will continue to post updates here from time to time.

We have moved back into our home, Xenia, once more. Due to sewage backup, our first month was spent at my parent’s place until the plumbing issues were resolved, and then our house had to be aired out and deep-cleaned before we took up residence there. For the month of March, as we adjusted to American culture, we were able to spend wonderful quality time with my family.

When April rolled around, we began the process of moving back into our house. As I unpacked familiar belongings and hung pictures on the walls, I felt a sense of pleasure, a joy of home-making. Bit by bit, we are finishing out the details left undone. Xenia is a quaint, cozy home to us.

I have been accepted back into IUPUI and will be returning as a full-time student this Fall, majoring in English Literacy and Writing. I hope to complete my Bachelor’s in three years’ time. John and I have both been in prayer about this decision to return to school, and we have a sense of excitement at the prospect. While I am currently employed at a locally owned Christian bookstore just South of Indy, I will not continue to work there after I start school in August.

John is keeping busy as a Contractor, renovating houses in the Indianapolis area. He has not lacked employment since our return home, something for which we are very grateful. He dabbles in mechanics on the side, both as a hobby and a source of income. Just this past weekend, his brother Josh became a father, as his wife Kari delivered their sweet little daughter into this world. John is an uncle once moore.

We are investing in our community, friendships, and ministering to those whom Christ puts in our path. The two of us are loving life, each other, and Jesus. We are ever thankful for all the gifts that He so freely bestows upon us. We truly live in a wonder-filled world.

originally posted on June 25, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment