Saturday, March 28, 2015

Signs of Spring

The green shoots are pushing up through the earthen ground. The air is pungent, fresh, filled with life. And I am drinking it all in. I've been cooped inside for too long, and am impatient to revel in the sunlight. It is difficult to focus on homework and senior projects when the outdoors are beckoning. Soon the blooms will burst forth, and my yard will be sprinkled with vivid colors. Soon, I will graduate with honors. My college days are drawing to a close - the end is in sight. May cannot come too soon. 

 
 
 

Nobody sees a flower - really - it is so small - we haven't time - and to see takes time, like to have a friend takes time. If I could paint the flower exactly as I see it no one would see that I see because I would paint it small like the flower is small.
So I said to myself - I'll paint what I see - what the flower is to me, but I'll paint it big and they will be surprised into taking time to look at it - I will make even busy New Yorkers take time to see what I see of flowers.
Georgia O'Keeffe 

No comments:

Post a Comment