Sunday, May 12, 2013

Dear Domesticity

In honor of Mother's Day:
You were the one who taught me how to read my first words, opening the gateway into other worlds for me to explore. You fostered my love of books, teaching me how to read well. You also taught me how to persevere, to never give up, even when things get hard. I learned that life is not always easy, but Christ is our anchor when the storms get rough. Thank you for showing me how to honor my husband, by giving me such a wunnerful example, for you live out your love and commitment. You have always supported me, and you under gird me even now. You taught me how to be hospitable, and that hosting and generosity are practical outpourings of our love for people. We are never too old to chase after fireflies, and gardening is good for the soul, teaching us to hope in tomorrow. Coffee and afternoon tea are good for what ails you, and wisdom comes with age. You are surrounded by love, and I love you ever so muchly, my dear, bibliophile mother.

Always your loving daughter, Kels

No comments:

Post a Comment